Sunday, December 21, 2014

Neil Orr

 
On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me

Neil Orr!
 
I was raised in Southern California. I was 18 when I joined the United States Navy. I was given an Honorable Discharge for Medical reasons, ending my Military Career. I ended up in Law Enforcement, first in Nevada, then in Arizona, where I was forced to cut my career short, yet again. After surgery and a couple of years, I was forced to change Careers and start over, once again. This time I chose Photography, because of the Joy it brings me. However, my medical problems limit what I can do. So, I decided to follow my dream of becoming an author. The Kiyor'lin Series is my baby. Book 1 is Shad'rah. Book 2 is Hatchburrow (currently a work in progress). Between my photography and my writing, my life is almost complete.


Neil's epic adventure book Shad'rah: Kiyor'lin Book One is available now at AMAZON
This is an exciting, old-fashioned fantasy tale with great characters you'll love.



INTERVIEW:
1) What inspired you to write your first book? – My mother.

2) How did you come up with the title for each book? – Scrabble Tiles pulled from a bag to get Shad’rah

3) Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? – The magic is in the journey.

4) Are the experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? Some of the characters are…Shibi, Dahviesh and, of course, Draganos.

5) What books have influenced your life the most? All of them. At least all the ones I’ve read.

6) If you had to choose, which writer would consider a mentor? I would love it if I were to be mentored by Terry Brooks.

7) What book are you reading now? The one I’m writing.

8) Are there any new authors that have grabbed your attention? Patrick O’Scheen, Terry R. Hill, Glenn Soucy, Luke Romyn, Kelly J. Erickson, just to name a few.

9) What are your current projects? I’m currently working on Hatchburrow, Book 2 of The Kiyor’lin Series, Redondo (working title), Book 1 of The Kiyor’lin Origins Series, Sur’grahl, Book 2 of The Kiyor’lin Origins Series, A Two Sided Tale (not a fantasy, oddly enough) and The Dog Catchers.

10) If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your books? Probably not.

11) Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? A short story contest when I was 8. I won.

12) Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? Staying focused. My mind is EVERYWHERE.

13) What the hardest part of writing your book? Staying off Facebook long enough to get it written.

14) Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? Yes…stay off Facebook until you’ve written something for the day.

15) Do you have any advice for writers? Write for yourself, not your fans. If you don’t like it, how can you expect anyone else to?

16) Do you have anything specific to say to your readers? Thank you, I wouldn’t be much of a story teller if there was no one read the stories.

17) What would you do in a zombie apocalypse should it occur on Black Friday? Move to Kiyor’lin

18) If you could be any Christmas character, what would you be and why? Santa, of course…Free Cookies

19) Favorite Christmas movie? – The Grinch

20) Favorite Christmas CD? Don’t have one

21) Favorite thing to do for the holidays? – Curl up in a blanket with a SoCo on the rocks and hide from everyone.

You can find Neil and his books here:http://www.facebook.com/kiyorlin
http://neilorr.wix.com/author - This is also the link to buy the paperback and signed copies of the paperback.
http://www.twitter.com/kiyorlinseries
http://www.amazon.com/Shadrah-Kiyorlin-Book-Neil-Orr-ebook/dp/B00GXU5FD8 - buy link for the ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment