Sunday, November 11, 2012

This week's Spotlight Author is Ms. Kharisma Rhayne

 
 
Ten years ago, Kharisma traded in snow, ice and tornadoes for sun, heat, sand and mountains. She now lives in beautiful Arizona with her husband, 4 kids & 9 rescue dogs and 5 goats. Now, in her eleventh year in Arizona, she is once again braving new terrain and has moved up into the White Mountains. This will be the first year that she will see freezing temperatures and snow. Her love for nature and animals is well known and she gets to indulge it in her new home with wolves, coyotes, snakes, and various other creatures as her nearest neighbors. Living in the middle of nowhere is something she wouldn’t change for the world.
 
Dabbling in writing through Junior High and High School, Kharisma officially got her start writing LGBT, BDSM and erotica. Never one to slow down, she started writing several additional genres including crime, medical, historical and paranormal. Her latest adventure is a dark horror. When you pick up one of her books, she wants you to walk away turned on and inspired! Come take a stroll into Kharisma’s worlds of ecstasy, love, adventure and fear.

Kharisma Rhayne's Books





 
Coming soon from Kharisma Rhayne
 


 
See more at Kharisma Rhayne
 
 
 
Author Interview
 
What inspired you to write your first book?
It was honestly an accident. I just love to write and would always rewrite concepts that I thought I could do better (which comes out more in my longer books).
How did you come up with the titles of each book ? Titles are hit and miss with me. Sometimes I have the title instantly, other times I have 3/4 of the book written and still struggle with something to call it. I try to keep in mind that there could be other books titled closely and also make it something that grabs attention and the overall idea of what the book is about.


Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Sometimes. But mostly I just want the reader to escape "real life" for a bit and visit the place I'm taking them too.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? Sometimes, but not too much. I used to always say absolutely no, but then the more I thoguth on it, the more I realized exactly how impossible that was to be true.

What books have most influenced your life most?
I love the classics...give me Gone With the Wind, War & Peace, The Brothers Karamazov

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
Stephen King or Monica McCarty

What book are you reading now?
I just finished up a Highlander romance by Donna Grant last night.
Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Honestly, I don't really know who most of the new authors are. I think in terms of "new to me" -- my latest is Mary Wine.

What are your current projects?
Oh I have so many. I'm continuing with book 3 of my Living Deadly Series, I have a Time Travel Highlander Historical Romance Serial - Highlander Mine - that will start being released January 1, I'm also working on Pieces of You that I know more than a couple of people are waiting on the final product. There's also my Bound by Tempation Series, Bound by Seduction Series, A Viking Series, a BDSM Series and more. I defintily have been staying busy.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your books ?
No, I don't think so. I'm pretty happy with the direction most are taken since I pretty much only write in series format.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I'm really not sure. I just laways loved to read in bed at night, even as a kid. When I got in highschool, even though I was active in sports, I was kind of the closet nerd that always had a book in hand. So, I guess, I just thought I could do it too.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Sometimes I want to tell too much. I want readers to read the book and see what I see in my head as I write. So, I can be a little too wordy sometimes. The other challenge is simply finishing projects. I can have 5 or so ideas pop into my head for other stories...so getting one completely off my plate can be difficult sometimes.

What was the hardest part of writing your book? Ending it. Seriously. I hate leaving my characters.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I think I learn a little something with each book. Sometimes it's as simple as knowing I've used a certain word too much. But I always try to take something away....improve my writing, know my characters better for the next book....

Do you have any advice for other writers? Just keep writing. Some authors get (I don't want to say lucky, but it seems to be the only word I can put here) lucky and get noticed quickly. The rest of us have to realize it's a long haul....and we just have to keep going.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I love all my readers and I've had so much fun getting to know a number of them in chats and on facebook and via email. It make take me awhile to respond...but I'm always willing to chat

What would you do in a zombie apocalypse?
Knowing me I'd probably try to capture them as pets so I could study them and write a real life experinece book about them.

If you could be any paranormal creature what would you be and why?
I think I'd want to be a pixie with a pet hellhound. All the others don't seem quite as femine...so, pixie it is....but, can't be too girly, so you need the pet hellhound.

Fav Movie ?
Troy
Fav band right now ?
Black Stone Cherry
Fav food and drink ?
Potatoes and Pasta....Pepsi and Starbucks Mocha Fraps
 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment