Friday, July 19, 2013

Review of A Look Back: Prequel to the Rennillia Series by M. Sembera

A Look Back: Prequel to the Rennillia Series
by 
M. Sembera

Blurb:

'A Look Back' is a prequel to The Rennillia Series. The book follows Ren (Rennillia) from the age of fifteen to eighteen as she struggles to make the right decisions for herself and sometimes works even harder to make the wrong ones. 

Hert (Scott Herterand) has a similar less than ideal home life and has been her only friend up until she meets Emerson. When her father arranges a meeting between Ren and the powerful Mr. Roberts son (Emerson) they instantly form a bond that rivals that of her and Hert's. 

When Ren's father bans her from all contact with anyone but Emerson, she takes a chance and falls for the charming and flirtatious Jackson. Smitten with him, she defies her father and embarks on a relationship with him. 

All the while death, love, hurt, anger and other various family issues arise that eventually lead the four of them (Ren, Hert, Emerson and Jackson) to the paths they will follow into adulthood.


Kerry's Review

I give this book 4.5 stars
This is a very intense story of how a young girl survives her dysfunctional family and finds a few close friends along the way. Throughout the whole story I kept screaming at my e-reader trying to urge Ren along and help her get through the bad situations she finds herself in. I was sucked in emotionally and had a very hard time putting the story down but at the same time, I just had to step away for a few minutes to digest everything that was happening. Ms. Sembera has a very strong writing style that will grab hold of your mind and shake it senseless. I even found myself waking up in the middle of the night wondering what I would do if I were in that situation or how I would react if that had happened to me. The only down side is that the story is so intense, I actually had to wait a few days before I was comfortable picking up a new book! Even then, it took me a while to find just the right “fluff piece” to calm down with. I will definitely be checking out the other books in this series!
--Read and reviewed by Kerry Erickson


No comments:

Post a Comment