Friday, July 19, 2013

Review of Loving Liberty by Belinda Boring

Loving Liberty
by
Belinda Boring

Blurb:

Liberty Montgomery is many things:
A dutiful daughter.
Perfect wife-in-training.
Easy to manipulate.
Compliant.

But secretly she wants more.

For years, Liberty has dreamed of a life filled with opportunities—a life where she makes the decisions, living by her own rules. Unfortunately, her parents have other plans for her, ones that involve her submission and total obedience. Every attempt to break free from their control is met with threats, leaving her feeling trapped. Just when all seems hopeless, Liberty meets Oliver Nichols. With just two words, be brave, he stirs up her secret longings for more . . . friendship, fun, and independence. He almost has her believing her dreams are possible.

However, taking a stand can be terrifying when you’ve spent your entire life pleasing others. Are some chances worth taking? What would she risk for freedom?

Kerry's Review

This was a very intriguing story about a young woman named Liberty who is controlled by her family and isn’t able to make any decisions for herself. Oliver is the perfect distraction from Liberty’s little world and when she finds out how different things can be she realizes she can’t go back to the way things were. At first I thought the book moved a little slow but I really liked Belinda’s writing style and it kept me interested. Once I got to know the characters I couldn’t put the book down. I related to Liberty on quite a few levels and was rooting for her the entire time. I even found myself cheering out loud for her at certain points! I am also very interested to find out what happens to her sister (if that confuses you, just read the book!). Hopefully there can be a Book 2? I can’t believe this is the first story I’ve read by this talented author. I will definitely be looking into more of her work in the future!
--Read and reviewed by Kerry Erickson





No comments:

Post a Comment