Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Review: BARE ESSENTIALS by M.L. Stephens



Bare Essentials 
by M.L. Stephens
Tour Organizer: N K Author Services



He's a cowboy with a guitarand an attitude. She's Nashville's toughest, most sought after music agent. They have one thing in common, country music.

Cutter Harrison relies on two things: beer and music- his music. At twenty-six, he's happily divorced and plans to keep it that way. 

Holly Avery is on the hunt. She's determined to discover the next country music star and is willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen. 

An unexpected meeting in Arkansas makes them question their pasts, their futures and the bare essentials of Love. Music brought them together, but will dirty secrets keep them apart?




Meet M.L.

Image of M. L. Stephens

I write the characters and stories that scream the loudest.
I have an unshakable fetish for a good mystery and anything paranormal, along with an insatiable appetite for coffee and travel. When I'm not reading the novels of so many great authors, I'm creating stories of my own. My family keeps me grounded, my pets keep me jumping, my friends keep me focused, and it all happens in Texas!



REVIEW:
This is a feel-good story about the basics of love and brings the reminder that everyone has a past. Cutter is a down to earth country boy with a voice of gold who wants nothing more than to wallow in his own misery. Holly is a music agent/talent scout that has a heart of gold protected by layers of steely resolve. I was drawn to the intensity of Cutter and wanted to be there every time Holly needed a shoulder. M.L. Stephens does a wonderful job of showing the depths of each character with a flow of words that makes you feel as if you are the person she is describing. I found the writing style very easy to read with enough variety of language that I just wanted to read more and more. This book was very difficult to put down and I can’t wait to get more work from this author. I would highly recommend this for anyone!
 
This book has been read and Reviewed by Kerry Erickson and posted with consent on Ravenz Reviews. The opinions are my own and do not reflect on Ravenz Reviews in any way.


No comments:

Post a Comment