Friday, November 15, 2013

REVIEW: Fated by Daniele Lanzarotta

Kerry's review of Fated (Mermaid’s Curse book 2) by Daniele Lanzarotta
I give this book 4.5 stars!
These need to be read in order for sure. As the second in a series, this definitely keeps up the pace set by the first book. I was pulled back into the Mermaid world right from the first page and just could NOT put it down! Arianna is such a realistic character that I found myself wanting to crawl between the pages and comfort her during the bad times or cheering her on when things finally seem to start going her way. Blake spends so much time trying to get everything to go in the right direction and keeps getting pushed back at every turn. I did find a few typos that caught my eye but I was easily distracted from that because Daniele’s writing is so intense that there is little room to stop and come up for air before the next wave comes crashing. I only took off half a star because of the big cliff-hanger ending and I don’t how I will manage to wait until the next book comes out!

Description
Tormented by his past and his dysfunctional family, Blake finds himself turning to the one thing that he promised Arianna he would never do. While Blake finds himself fighting his addiction, Arianna puts all of her problems aside to help him, including the guilt of the secrets she hides. When given the chance to be free of his father and start his own life, Blake and Arianna will believe that anything is possible... at least until they learn how far his father is willing to go to get what he wants.
**Mature Content Warning - Recommended for ages 17+ due to language, violence and sexual content.**

Get yours at:

No comments:

Post a Comment