Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Kade's Dark Embrace

Kade's Dark Embrace
by Kym Grosso

I have mixed feeings on this book. The storyline, as a whole is pretty good, but I found the individual personalities of the characters rather annoying and at times even a bit ridiculous. Sydney and Kade are both control freaks, so I guess they are really made for each other. Sydney is so stubborn an unwilling to use any rational thought that everytime she walks out the door, she nearly gets herself killed. Then you have Kade who is even more of a control freak and way too possessive. I didn't like how he repeatedly told Sydney that she WOULD be his and only his, like a possession. Even if she didn't end up falling in love with him in less than a week, his immediate possessiveness was just a little too creepy for me. To me, it bordered on stalking. Everytime Sydney would try to put distance between her and Kade, he showed up. When he put her on the plane to New Orleans, I was screaming at the book. It felt like he "willed" their relationship into frution with his insistence that they would be together. If you like that sort of thing, then this book is for you. I just didn't care for the possessive and controlling feel of the book.

finished August 2, 2012





No comments:

Post a Comment